Joseph J. Floyd
JOSEPH J. FLOYD, CPA, JD, is a Partner and Co-Founder of Floyd Advisory. Mr. Floyd, for whom the company is named, has worked with a prestigious, varied list of clients including Global 1000 companies, major law offices, private equity firms and others in need of expert advice and solutions for complex financial reporting, accounting and strategic business matters.
Mr. Floyd has served as an expert witness and testified on accounting and financial issues in the United States District Court and the United States Bankruptcy Court in several states and in the trial courts of various states. He has appeared before the Securities and Exchange Commission to outline and analyze facts, practices and principles related to public company financial statement changes.
Prior to forming Floyd Advisory, Mr. Floyd was one of the Founding Managing Directors of Huron Consulting Group. Before his tenure at Huron Consulting Group, he was the Partner in charge of Arthur Andersen’s Financial Consulting practice in New England and an active member of the firm’s regional leadership group.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- Juris Doctor, Suffolk University Law School
- Certified Public Accountant, New York
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) by the AICPA
- AICPA Certificate in International Financial Reporting Standards
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Massachusetts Bar, Retirement Status